Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Step 2 Complete

I got Step 2 complete Sunday, the car passed State Safety & Emmisions inspections. So I moved to Step 3, which was 'rig up some way to mount the front plate'. I ended up using a combination of zipties and blue painter's tape. So far I've been passed by ~8 cops w/o a citation, and I've been up to ~60mph without the plate coming off. So, it's okay for now. But I'll probably need to pick up a mount from Moss(?) in the near future.

Today, I came back from some morning errands and decided the day was too nice to go driving around with the hardtop on. So, I did my first hardtop pull, solo; and stuffed it in the basement. I've gotta cleanup the garage so that I can figure out way to hang it on the wall or something. Driving around without the top off, the exhaust is a lot more 'obvious', and seems a bit 'blatty' at high rpm & 75+ tpp (throttle pedal percent). The guys doing the inspection seemed to enjoy it, I heard the car revving quite a bit with a bunch of guys standing around smiling.

So, now I'm waiting for my county tax sticker; and i've got to remember to update my registration (assuming the emissions test results have posted now). I'm going to try and drive the miata all week, and come up with a list of 'would like to fix' to be done while I'm off on vacation next month.

1 comment:

Greer said...

I have a front plate bracket.

Post a Comment