Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Step 1 Complete

So, I spent 1hour of my morning in the fun at the DMV. Fortunately, thanks to the wonders of technology, and my expensive new T-mobile myTouch... I was able to get completely lost in the interwebs, and almost miss my number being called. People waiting at the DMV are so much nicer than they used to be.

So, after being chidded for not having had the car inspected, I got the title transfered and the registration completed. Temporarily, (45days) so I can get the inspection (state & emissions, I <3 NOVA!).

"But honey, don't go driving around on those tags w/o a state inspection... you'll get a ticket!"

Right, so my trip permit is valid for 3 days, and only for the distance from where I bought the car to my house. However, I can't use the VA tags until I get the car state inspected. So, I'm left wondering what the point of trip permits is. At least the nice lady at the DMV gave me 'till the end of *next* month to get the emissions test done, and have the emissions test results update @ DMV so I can renew the registration for reals. Plus I can't forget to pay the county decal tax... I can get a ticket for that too.

My Mom asked yesterday when she'd get to see the car. After today, I'd guess won't be 'till December ;)

Oh well, atleast all the rest of the DMV (County tax?) related stuff can be completed online.

No comments:

Post a Comment