Monday, February 22, 2010

First Trackday

So, after braving the frigid north, the miata is back in to R&R for installation of a new AL radiator (the plastic one had hairline cracks in the plastic tanks), plus upgraded brake pads, and steel brake lines. They'll also go through the required inspection.

Inspection? Yup, because we're headed to VIR for our first track day on March 1st w/ TrackDaze. I've signed myself up for the 'Novice' class again, since this is my first time on-track with a RWD car. And I've only spent about 2 out of my 14 years driving non-Fwd cars. So i'd rather be in the more 'forgiving' environment of the novice class... although...

Looking at the list theres quite an assortment of cars in the novice class. With only 13 cars signed up, I imagine there's a pretty good chance the run groups will get combined to increase track time. I'll try to be more on-top of my video gear this time out. Which means I've gotta start hunting through the house to find it all after the winter break.

No comments:

Post a Comment